This course is a progression from our popular beginner course in floristry. We will explore more advanced floral designs and techniques to support your style and creativity. Working on larger scale design and bespoke bridal work. This course will help to look at how we can progress your floral career, exploring marketing and social media to enhance your business.
What will I learn?
The topics covered:
- Elements of floral design (recap)
- Principles of floral design- Balance, contrast, dominance, harmony, proportion, rhythm, scale
- Learning plant science, photosynthesis, respiration, transpiration and osmosis
- Learning a further range of flower and foliage for identification
- Hand tie design
- Bridal hand tie
- Long and low table arrangement into foam
- Asymmetrical hand tie
- Large pedestal arrangement
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor.
Progression from Beginners course is suggested.
Additional Costs and Information
You should bring with you each week:
Tools – scissors/ knife and bucket
Each week students will be given a handout on flowers and foliage required for the following session – together with any materials, containers or sundries
Please note that the planned practical’s – some are larger in size so will require more flower and foliage to create
This course runs on one evening per week at the Salisbury campus:
09.05.23-20.06.23 Tuesday 18:00-20:30