We’re all familiar with Veganuary, and 2021 has so far been no different to the norm, with shops launching an array of new vegan products, big brands getting creative, bloggers posting inspo and everyone trying something new.
This year our catering students have mixed things up with a delicious Lebanese-inspired recipe which they have created and shared with us:
Lebanese Roast Potatoes and Cauliflower, Couscous, Garlic Yoghurt
300g New Potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt and Pepper
½ Tsp turmeric
½ Tsp cumin
½ Tsp ground coriander or curry powder
150ml vegetable stock
Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
75g Soy Yoghurt
Zest and juice of half a lemon
1 Clove garlic, chopped very finely
Sugar, salt and pepper to taste
Garnishes: paprika, fresh parsley and pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 210c. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the new potatoes, blanch for 6 minutes. 2 minutes prior to end of cooking, add cauliflower. Drain well.
- Coat potatoes and cauliflower in the oil, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper. Pour onto a tray and roast for 35 minutes.
- Make yoghurt while potatoes and cauliflower are roasting. Mix the ingredients together until they reach the desired consistency, season to taste.
- Mix the dry couscous ingredients, then pour over the hot stock and cover. After 5 minutes fluff up with a fork and season to taste.
- Plate couscous, top with roasted cauliflower and potatoes, lemon and garlic sauce, garnish and serve.
If you give it a go, tag us on our social media channels to let us know!