Swindon & Wiltshire Innovative Technology Care Hub (SWITCH)
What is SWITCH?
The Swindon & Wiltshire Innovative Technology Care Hub (SWITCH) is a collaboration between New College Swindon and ourselves to enhance and upskill health and social care staff across Swindon, Wiltshire and beyond.
SWITCH will accelerate skills development in health, care and life science through technical innovation and aims to upskill learners by embedding reality technology to offer unparalleled simulation activities across a broad provision. We will have learning hubs within both New College Swindon and Wiltshire College & University Centre.
- Infection Control – Level 2: 3-day course from 5 to 7 June
- Mental Health First Aid: 4-day course from 12 to 15 June
- End of Life Care – Level 2: 5-day course from 19 June to 23 June
Why choose a SWITCH course?
- Offers flexible modular delivery
- Immersive technologies where you 'learn by doing' rather than by watching
- A variety of face-to-face, virtual and blended learning courses
- Courses flexibly and responsively meet the training and skills development needs within the health and social care sector
- Develops best practice, creative thinking and innovative ideas to help employers in our region remain at the forefront of new technology
- Enables learners to experience risk-free scenarios, from accident management to clinical procedures
- Provides a greater understanding of long-term conditions