The Swindon & Wiltshire Innovative Technology Care Hub (SWITCH) is a collaboration between New College Swindon and ourselves to enhance and upskill health and social care staff across Swindon, Wiltshire and beyond.
SWITCH will accelerate skills development in health, care and life science through technical innovation and aims to upskill learners by embedding reality technology to offer unparalleled simulation activities across a broad provision. We will have learning hubs within both New College Swindon and Wiltshire College & University Centre.
Keep an eye out for new courses in the future.
- Offers flexible modular delivery
- Immersive technologies where you 'learn by doing' rather than by watching
- A variety of face-to-face, virtual and blended learning courses
- Courses flexibly and responsively meet the training and skills development needs within the health and social care sector
- Develops best practice, creative thinking and innovative ideas to help employers in our region remain at the forefront of new technology
- Enables learners to experience risk-free scenarios, from accident management to clinical procedures
- Provides a greater understanding of long-term conditions
Are you a local healthcare provider? Get in touch if you’d like to influence our future course offering based on your organisation’s needs.
For example, we have several clinical manikins that can be used to create a variety of Simulated Clinical Experiences (SCE). These are scenarios which can incorporate your company’s learning objectives and can be tailored situations to suit your training needs for example, end of life care or controlling infections.