Wiltshire College
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Enrolling on a Part-time course – Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between ENROL NOW and APPLY NOW buttons shown on the course information page?

  • Courses shown with an ENROL NOW button are available to purchase online. Click on the ENROL NOW button and you will be asked to complete a form before proceeding to payment. Once we have processed your enrolment you will receive confirmation from the college.
  • Courses shown with an APPLY NOW button require an appointment with a course tutor to ensure the course is right for you before you enrol and pay. Click on the APPLY NOW button and you will be asked to complete a form. Once you have submitted the form, our Student Services team will contact you to book a convenient appointment

How can I pay for the course?

  • We take a credit card, debit card, cash or cheque. The College can set up an instalment plan for you in some situations. Many courses are available to purchase online. Please contact Student Services for more information on 01225 350035.

Can my employer pay for my course?

  • Yes. Your employer must complete an Employer’s Undertaking Form. Click here to download a copy or collect a form from Student Services. Hand the form to Student Services when you enrol. Wiltshire College will then invoice your employer for your course fees.

Can I get help with my course fees?

  • Most courses that are available to ENROL NOW on our website are not eligible for any fee remission.
  • Some students on eligible courses that lead to a recognised qualification may be entitled to fee remission based on their current qualifications, or if they are in receipt of benefits and on a very low income. Please check with Student Services to see what help may be available to you.
  • Students enrolling on an eligible level 3 course may be able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan. For further information go to: www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans

Not resident in the UK/EU or EEA for 3 years.

  • If you have not been a resident in the UK/EEA for the last 3 years you may have to pay the overseas fees which are higher than the advertised price. It depends on your immigration status and the course you are enrolling on. Contact Student Services for more information.

When can I have a refund?

  • You can apply for a refund up to 14 days after you have paid as long as the course has not yet started. If the college closes a course, we will tell you as soon as possible and you will get a full refund.

Can I get any help with travel or childcare costs to come to college?

  • If you have a low income and studying an eligible course which leads to a recognised qualification, you may get help from the Learner Support Fund. You can apply from August 2016. Apply early because funds are limited. Ask for an application form in Student Services or download a form from the website www.wiltshire.ac.uk/information/money_matters/

Can I park my car at college?

  • Each campus has a limited number of free parking spaces for students – however, these are particularly busy during the day and cannot be guaranteed. If you are attending an evening course, you should be able to park on campus.
Arc Theatre Lackham House Lackham Farm Motor Sport