Wiltshire College & University Centre has partnered with New College Swindon, Go Train and Tempus Training to deliver a new initiative for 15-25 year olds to help them reach their potential.
Get Ahead is a flexible and individualised programme funded by the European Social Fund for young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) or those At Risk of NEET. Learners can attend up to 2 days per week in College for an average of 10 weeks, or receive all their support remotely.
Learners will receive:
- 1:1 Support from a Progress Coach
- An individualised learning plan
- The opportunity to complete a work experience placement
- The opportunity to do qualifications in: Work Skills, Personal and Social Skills, Managing Personal Finance, Healthy Living and Grit and Resilience
We will help you to progress on to:
- A £25 High Street voucher for completing a personal target
- A £75 High Street voucher when progressing to a positive destination
- We can also reimburse travel costs e.g. bus tickets, so it shouldn’t cost you anything to attend!
At Risk Schools Provision:
We are working with local secondary schools to offer an At-Risk provision in school for learners aged 15+ who, for a variety of reasons, might not be engaging fully with school provision.
What we offer:
- Weekly sessions for 8 weeks
- Managing Personal Finance Award
- Grit and Resilience Award: ‘Mental Toughness’
- A visit to College
- Discussions around future careers and progression pathways
- £25 High Street voucher for achieving a personal target
- £75 High Street voucher if the school recognises that the young person is no longer ‘At Risk’ by the end of the 8‑week period
Get in Touch
Please get in touch to with us to discuss how it might benefit you or your school. Email email@example.com or call 01225 756 373
Delivery at each campus is on these days:
Trowbridge – Mondays and Tuesdays
Chippenham – Wednesday and Thursdays
Salisbury – Wednesdays and Thursdays