This course covers a range of skills including digital, customer service, employability and personal skills.
What will I learn?
Digital Learning Skills
- How to write an email
- How to set up a calendar invite (arrange a meeting)
- How to set up a Teams invite
- How to organise emails into files
- How to set up files on emails
- How to set up reminders
- How to use CC and BCC
- Information notices and signs
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office
- Customer expectations
- Internal and external customers
- Different communication skills (formal and informal)
- Telephone skills
- Dealing with difficult situations/patients
- Effective customer complaints procedures
- Limits of authority when resolving problems - escalation processes??
- Difference between assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Understanding Mindset
- Your responsibilities as an employee/standards of behaviour
- Behaving appropriately at work
- Work awareness
- CV writing
- How to apply for a job
- Health and Wellbeing/resilience
- Understanding own learning styles
- Team working
- Flexibility in a working environment
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate for NCFE Level 1 Employability Skills along with a College Certificate in customer Service and Administration.
There are no entry requirements with this course.
Additional Costs and Information
£150 (Free fundable course to those who meet the eligibility requirements)
Free fundable programme for aged 19+ who are in receipt of benefit or on a low wage income and must have lived in the EU for the last three years. You must currently reside in England. Should you need any additional information before applying please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Course is taught online through Teams.
We are running two courses in 2024 starting on 26th February 2024 and 10th June 2024
Week One: Monday 9:30am to 11am - Induction
Weeks One to Four: Tuesday to Friday 9:30am to 2:30pm for 4 consecutive weeks
Week Four: Friday 9:30am to 11am - Exit Review