Key course information
Computing and Information Technology
Apply for this course
The purpose of this qualification is to allow you to demonstrate understanding of, and competency in, digital literacy skills. It will help you progress to a work role where digital literacy skills are required.The objectives of this qualification are to enable you to apply digital skills in personal and business situations, understand how to maintain safety and security when using data and devices, find and use information, use digital resources to facilitate own learning and career progression, communicate socially and professionally using technology and use word processing software to create straightforward text and documents.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will learn how to find and use information, safety and security when using data and digital devices, communicating and collaborating online and using word processing software. You also have the option of one of these two optional units either; using a computer or digital career development.
This course will help you to understanding how to identify and select information and resources to meet personal and organisational needs and be able to evaluate and use researched information. You will understand how to protect data and devices and understand how organisational data and information is protected. You will be taught how to communicate socially and professionally using technology and know how to communicate effectively via email in a personal and business context.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
• You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
• The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
• This course is an online only qualification, so you will need access to the internet to complete this.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Upon completing this certificate, you could progress onto the following Wiltshire College and University Centre courses:• NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Digital Skills for Work • Level 2 Business and Administration