Key course information
Apply for this course
The Level 3 Diploma in Playwork is aimed at staff working directly with children and young people in a setting whose main purpose is to provide children and young people with opportunities for freely chosen, self-directed play.This qualification aims to provide candidates with the necessary knowledge, skills and competence required to work in a supervisory role within the Playwork sector. On successful completion of this qualification, candidates will have demonstrated the essential skills in employment.
What will I learn?
This qualification provides in-depth information about the role of the Level 3 playworker when working with children and young people between the ages of 4 to 16. It develops learners understanding of the management of play environments and other staff.
The Diploma covers the knowledge and skills needed when working unsupervised and requires the learner to demonstrate these in the workplace. It is aimed at experienced playworkers who have a wide knowledge and understanding of children and young people and a deep appreciation of Playwork principles and practice.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Playwork, learners must achieve 65 credits in total. 46 of those must be from the 13 mandatory units, and a minimum of 19 credits from the optional units available.
• You will be asked to complete and pass a written before enrolment can happen. This is to determine if this level of study is appropriate.
• You must be working in a Playwork environment.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• All units are assessed internally.
• Assessment enables to learner’s workplace practice to provide evidence for individual units as well as the whole qualification.
Additional Costs and Information
• Duration of the course is typically 18 – 24 months.
• This is a “roll-on, roll-off” qualification so, provided you fit the work-based criteria you can join any time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
• For any progression opportunities, please speak to your assessor regarding pathways to further education.