Wiltshire College & University Centre have developed an exciting opportunity to provide its students with a unique opportunity to develop skills and knowledge of the game whilst accessing a programme of study. The full-time futsal programme will assist players in their development through two training sessions per week, consisting of technical and tactical elements. In addition to this, individuals will access a full strength and conditioning programme with all sessions being held at Five Rivers Health and Well-Being Centre. The games programme includes men's and women's teams that will play in the ECFA National Futsal League, The FA People's Cup and National Cup competition. Furthermore, high-performing individuals will be given opportunities to attend England Colleges trials. Students will be able to reflect on performance through our Sports Mast video analysis programme that will be used post and pre-match to enhance performance.The programme is open to both male and female participants, who will primarily study on any sports or public services course at our Salisbury campus. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals keen to develop their knowledge and ability with futsal at both coaching and playing capacities and will be exposed to some of the best facilities within the south of England, creating and replicating a full-time, professional sports programme. Students will be able to gain additional football/ futsal and sport qualifications in addition to their main qualification, building a futsal specific element towards their CV.Students from further afield who are wishing to study at Wiltshire College & University Centre are eligible to stay in our halls of residence. More information on availability and pricing of this can be found on the College website, via the student services tab.
What will I learn?
During this one-year study programme, learners will focus on areas including:
• Technical Sessions - This is used to improve the skill, technique and awareness of players and their knowledge of when and where to use these in game situations.
• Tactical Sessions - These sessions are primarily used before games and include phases of play, set pieces and small-sided games to form a team strategy before games.
• Strength and Conditioning Programme - Students studying a sports programme here will have access to the gym facilities at Five Rivers Health and Well-Being Centre to provide students with an athletic edge that will assist them in game and training situations.
• Video Analysis - The Academy programme will include analysis sessions that will enable players to highlight strength and areas for improvement within their own individual performance and the team structure. This element of the programme can give students accelerated development within their game understanding.
• Games Programme - The Academy teams will enter the ECFA (English College's Football Association) league and play in the FA Peoples Cup. In addition to these fixtures, students will be on the partnership pathway to both FC Salisbury United's development team and first team who play in the National Super League.
Students will also have the opportunity to access additional qualifications outside of their main study programme. For example, an FA Level One in Coaching and First Aid Course.
You will be allocated a personal Tutor who will work with you throughout your time at the College to help you balance your academic and your academy priorities. Your tutor will also help you set targets to achieve the grades you require for university, if you choose to study further, and will also help with things like work experience and looking for employment after College.
• 4 GCSEs grade A*-C, including English and maths (or equivalent).
• A good reference and a satisfactory interview.
Additional Costs and Information
A charge of approximately £200-300 will be required for off-site visits, equipment and kit if you are doing this course. You will be required to purchase your training kit. You can also purchase additional items in the online shop such as kit bags, water bottles and additional clothing should you so choose. Trips include to elite level sporting events, universities and an international work placement to Seville, Spain.
Financial assistance may be available for those students that qualify. Students should contact Customer Services for further information and a bursary application form.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 01249 465249.
What Could I Do Next?
You can progress onto further study at college or university level such as our HND in Sport Coaching and Development. Alternatively, you could progress into a career in sports coaching, personal training, officiating, sports development or as an athlete yourself through our links with local semi and professional clubs and our additional links with Universities with similar football programmes. Students can also receive assistance in applying for scholarship programmes within the USA.