Key course information
Construction and Trades
Apply for this course
If you wish to develop you career as an electrician then this course is a highly respected and recognised qualification, it allows you to certify your own and other people’s installations. Once achieved you can apply for the JIB grading of ‘Approved Electrician’ and it is expected for those running their own business as part of the Competent Persons Schemes run by NICEIC, ELECSA, and NAPIT to have this qualification.
What will I learn?
It is designed for practicing electricians to refine their existing knowledge of inspection and testing procedures and to ensure their practices are current and meet the industry’s standards.
This is the combined course and therefore covers the requirements of initial verification for new installations and the requirements of a periodic inspection, including the certification of both to BS 7671 forms. This is also a great opportunity to meet and discuss different scenarios with other electricians
• A good working knowledge of the 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations and experience installing electrical installations.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• Five days in the classroom which will include the exams (One day run over five consecutive weeks)
• One additional day for the practical assessment, dates to be agreed with the tutor on the course.
• The course is assessed by one written exam, one on-line exam and one practical assessment.
• Candidates may benefit from some additional study at home
Additional Costs and Information
You will need access to a current edition of the IET Guidance Note 3
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
C&G 2396 – Design, Erection and Verification Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering