This basic course will cover the theory and practical aspects of domestic plumbing systems, for anybody looking to acquire the knowledge and skills to complete common plumbing repairs and maintenance tasks around the home. Or individuals looking to save money on property development and DIY projects.
What will I learn?
The course is suitable for all and designed to give individuals confidence to carry out basic tasks safely around the home, a basic knowledge of domestic pipework, sanitary ware, heating systems, taps & valves and to save energy through environmental awareness of your plumbing systems and fittings.
What will be covered?
- Jointing methods of different pipework from copper to plastic.
- How a domestic plumbing system works and heating controls.
- Fixings dripping taps or replace/update taps.
- To clean and unblock sinks, taps and washing machines pipework.
- Remove readiators for painting including bleeding and control setting for cost savings
- Toilet maintenance and drainage pipework
- Gutter maintenance and repair.
- How to employ environmental awareness of plumbing systems.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor. There are no final qualifications associated with this course.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Additional Costs and Information
This course will take place weekly from 6-8pm.
You will need to wear overalls and hard-capped boots for this course and bring with you a notebook and pen.
What Could I Do Next?
You could enrol on another of our basic construction courses at Wiltshire College, however, if you have a burning desire to further develop your plumbing skills professionally, why not take a look at our Level 1 and Level 2 Diplomas.