This course will provide an introduction to Health and Social Care. You will gain information about the provision and roles within health and social care and the principles and values which underpin working in these sectors.The course enables learners who want to develop the knowledge and skills needed to progress to further study and eventually to employment in the health and social care or a related sector.It provides an introduction to the sector, enabling students to make informed future progression choices while developing and applying their knowledge and acquiring a range of relevant communication and personal development skills.
What will I learn?
· To recognise various aspects of health and social care jobs
· To identify the different types of job opportunities
· To explore several forms of communication
· to identify personal skills and qualities that can be used in other areas
· Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
· Explore the legal and ethical responsibilities and working as part of a team.
· Be able to work in a person-centred way
· Be able to promote individuals’ well-being
· Be able to carry out own responsibilities for health and safety
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor.
There are no entry requirements associated with this course.
Additional Costs and Information
There are no additional course costs.
You may be entitled to fee remission if you meet the criteria. To find out more please contact us on 01225 756289 or 01225 756201
This course is being delivered online and the dates and times are below:
16.05.23-27.06.23 Tuesday 10:00-12:00