Are you keen to improve your employment prospects? Do you want help in producing a standout CV? Then this is the course for you. Its aim is to help you develop a range of employability skills. You might be returning to work after a career break, trying to find a new job or just feel that you need some help and support in a relaxed and supportive environment.We want you to be able to access the course easily. It runs for 2 weeks one day per week, and is taught during school hours and during term time.
What will I learn?
There are a range of topics to do with employability that will be covered during the course. The key themes are outlined as follows:
(1) Why employment is important. What type of job would I like to do? Temporary versus Permanent jobs – Full time versus Part Time. Experience gained from any temporary job, can help promote yourself to the employer who has your ideal job! Making a start on the search for a job.
(2) The importance of the CV and a Personal Statement.
(3) The letter of application
(4) Completing job application forms, online applications and search for jobs online
(5) The interview (Part 1): Skill Assessment Tests
(6) The interview (Part 2): Person to Person
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor.
This course is designed for learners who meet one or more of the following criteria:
• On a low income or in receipt of a means tested benefit
• Pre Level 2
Additional Costs and Information
There are no additional course costs. You will need a pen and notebook and, if you have one, a copy of your CV.
This course runs one day per week at our Chippenham campus, the dates available are below:
08.11.22-15.11.22 Tuesday 10:00-15:00
21.03.23-28.03.23 Tuesday 10:00-15:00
20.06.23-27.06.23 Tuesday 10:00-15:00
What Could I Do Next?
From this course you may be able to gain employment, or you might decide to do another part time course to help develop further skills or qualifications.You may be entitled to fee remission if you meet the criteria. To find out more please contact us on 01225 756289 or 01225 756201.*Subject to change where required to meet learner needs.