This Health and Social Care course aims to develop your confidence and provide you with the skills you can use in further education or employment. This course relates directly to the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to support learners.The course enables an understanding of a range of job roles available, and there is an opportunity to identify your employability skills, as with the recognising of transferable skills will also take place.You will learn about safeguarding measures, different types of communication skills, and also the health and safety aspects of Health and Social care sector.The importance of understanding the principles, values, and care needs of individuals within health and social care will be explored.
What will I learn?
· understand the principles and values in health and social care
· to recognise personal strengths and potential
· investigate barriers to communication in health and social care
· the key stages of language and intellectual development in children
· the important aspects of a child’s physical development
· different ways of communicating
· identify the emotional needs of individuals
· types of employment and opportunities in this sector
· to compete a portfolio of work.
· to identify personal skills and qualities that can be used in other areas
· understand about the physical, psychological, financial, and environmental barriers to the use of services.
· the personal qualities needed for personal care
· Identify personal qualities and skills
· Understand about the importance of hygiene and safety
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor.
There are no entry requirements associated with this course.
Additional Costs and Information
10-week Course for 2hrs.
This is an online study course, below are the dates available.
20.09.22-29.11.22 Wednesday 13:00-15:00
10.01.23-09.05.23 Wednesday 13:00-15:00
There are no additional course costs.