This session will help all to understand the importance of food safety in the home environment, when cooking for others or for workers in a low risk role where there is only a small element of food handling.
What will I learn?
Topics covered will include:
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene and keeping the work areas clean
- Understanding contamination risks and be able to identify the four main types of contaminants
- Identify safe food handling practices to control these risks, including cooking, chilling and freezing temperatures
- Look at contamination and cross contamination risks, how we avoid them whist shopping, during storage and cooking of foods
- Understanding different date marking and the importance of stored food rotation
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor.
There are no entry requirements associated with this course.
Additional Costs and Information
There are no additional course costs.
You should bring a notebook and pen if you wish to make notes.
This course is a one day course held at our Trowbridge campus. Available dates are below:
24.11.22 Thursday 09:30-14:00
23.03.23 Thursday 09:30-14:00
06.07.23 Thursday 09:30-14:00