Key course information
Teaching, Training and Assessing
Apply for this course
This qualification is intended for those who lead a team of internal quality assurance staff.
What will I learn?
The qualification includes the following units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assessing the Quality of Assessment.
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment.
- Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. This qualification is available to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards. It has been developed free from any barriers that restrict access or progression promoting equal opportunities.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
For units where competence is being assessed, methods will include:
- Observation of performance in the work environment by an assessor or witness (including expert witness)
- Examining products of the learner’s own work
- Questioning the learner
- Discussions with the learner
- Use of others (witness testimony)
- Looking at learner statements
- Recognised prior learning
- For units where knowledge only is being assessed, methods will include:
- Oral and written questions
- Case studies
Additional Costs and Information
Qualification takes 35 weeks to complete.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management II - Level 3 City & Guilds Award in Education and Training - Level 5 Professional Certificate in Education L