This course runs online for three weeks from 9am-2pm and will equip you with the skills you need to care for a family member or work in the care sector.
What will I learn?
A separate topic will be covered each week:
Caring in a Person-Centred Way
- This session will inform those who care for others or those who pursue a career in care how to provide support in the best interests of the cared for.
Manual Handling Awareness
- This session will inform all the problems associated with manual handling and includes guidance on how to deal with them. It gives useful practical advice on reducing the risk of injury from manual handling and will help all to understand the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
Health & Safety Awareness
- This session will help all to understand their own responsibilities, and the responsibilities of others, relating to health and safety
Fluids and Nutrition including Food Safety
- This session will help all to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food, also the importance of good nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.
Adult Basic Life Support/First Aid Refresher
- This session will inform all those who care for others what to do in an emergency and what the priorities are.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor.
There are no entry requirements associated with this course.
Additional Costs and Information
There are no additional course costs.
You may wish to have paper and pen for making any notes.
This course is run online and will run on the below dates:
06.10.22-10.11.22 Thursday 09:30-12:30
26.01.23-09.03.23 Thursday 09:30-12:30
18.05.23-22.06.23 Thursday 09:30-12:30