Here is some useful information to ensure you are able to enjoy the day and make the most of the event. Please make sure you read through the information before Graduation.
- 9.00-10.30am: Student registration, robing and photography at Salisbury Playhouse
- 10.00-11:00am: Guest registration at Salisbury Cathedral
- 11.15am: All guests to be seated in the Cathedral
- 11.30am: Ceremony begins
Please note that no photography or filming is allowed during the ceremony.
- 12.30pm: Ceremony finishes
- 12.30pm-1.30pm: Robes returned at the Cathedral
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be walking for about 10 minutes from Salisbury Playhouse to Salisbury Cathedral, including over cobbles. The floor of the Cathedral is also uneven, so comfy footwear will mean you aren’t worrying about blisters or slipping.
- We recommend that you wear smart clothes underneath your robes. We promise, you won’t regret looking smart on such a lovely day!
We kindly request no trainers or jeans.
- Allow plenty of time to register, collect your gown and have your photos taken, if you ordered them.
- Please do not bring any valuables with you, as there will be nowhere to keep them safe during the ceremony.
- The weather in October can be unpredictable, so please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the day, as there may be some standing around outside.
- Make sure you have a good night’s rest the night before, so you are refreshed and ready to enjoy your Graduation.
- Please arrive at the Salisbury Playhouse (Malthouse Lane, Salisbury SP2 7RA) between 9aqm and 10am. You will need to wait a little as we get everyone through the same process in a short timeframe.
- You will be checked in at the front desk and given a wristband. You must wear this wristband otherwise you will not be allowed into the Cathedral.
- You will then head upstairs to collect your robe where it will be fitted.
- Heading back downstairs you will then have formal photographs taken if you have booked these.
If you have booked a group photography package, your guests will need to leave in plenty of time to register at Salisbury Cathedral before 11am.
It is rare that Graduands process through the streets now – only a few universities around the country still do this! So, make the most of it! It is a special moment.
You will follow our Principal and the VIPs, so you don’t need to think about where you are going.
Family can wait inside the Cathedral grounds to see you enter before they head to their seats.
Guest check-in is open between 10am and 11am at the North entrance of Salisbury cathedral and we ask that all guests are seated in the Cathedral before 11:15am, to allow the ceremony to start promptly at 11:30am.
At check in, we will ask your name and give you a wristband. You will not be able to enter the Cathedral without your wristband, so please ensure that you wear it at all times.
Central Car Park
- Address: Mill Stream Approach, Salisbury SP1 3SL
- Short and long stay options (short stay is closest to the buildings)
- Near the shops and restaurants
- Close to the Playhouse
- Address: Salisbury SP1 2ES
- Closest parking to the Cathedral – recommended for all those who have mobility requirements
The Cathedral itself does not have parking.
Wiltshire Council have the MiPermit app for online payments.
Graduates will exit the Cathedral from the West entrance. You are welcome to take photos in the Cathedral grounds with your friends and family for one hour. You will then need to hand back your robe to us at the Cathedral. We will show you where when you enter the Cathedral after the procession.