BOOKINGS FOR OUR 2021 CEREMONY HAVE NOW CLOSED
FRIDAY 5TH NOVEMBER 2021
We are going to be having two ceremonies throughout the day. These are going to be associated to the university that accredits your qualification. This will mean that you may be wearing a different colour robe to others – please don’t panic, this is correct! You wear the colour of the accrediting university.
CEREMONY 1 IS FOR THOSE WITH COURSES ACCREDITED BY:
- University of Bath
- Bournemouth University
- University of Greenwich
- Oxford Brookes University
- The Royal Agricultural University
- The Royal Navy
Timings for Ceremony 1:
- 9.00-10.30am: Robing and photography at the Playhouse
- 10.30am: Line up in Cathedral order
- 10.45am-11.00am: Procession to the Cathedral
- 11.00am: Arrive at the Cathedral
- 11.30am: Ceremony begins
- 12.30pm: Ceremony finishes
- 12.30pm-1.30pm: Photos outside and robes returned at the Cathedral
CEREMONY 2 IS FOR THOSE WITH COURSES ACCREDITED BY:
- Wiltshire College & University Centre | Pearson
- Wiltshire College & University Centre apprentices
Timings for Ceremony 2:
- 12.00pm-1.30pm: Robing and photography at the Playhouse
- 1.30pm: Line up in Cathedral order
- 1.45pm-2.00pm: Procession to the Cathedral
- 2.00pm: Arrive at the Cathedral
- 2.30pm: Ceremony begins
- 3.30pm: Ceremony finishes
- 3.30pm-4.30pm: Photos outside and robes returned at the Cathedral
BOOKINGS HAVE NOW CLOSED
- All graduands must wear a robe. This is booked directly by the robe company using the link below.
- Formal photographs will only be taken with graduands – no additional guests are permitted at this time. These are optional and are at a charge. They will be sent directly to your address a few weeks after the ceremony.
- Each graduand is allocated an additional two guest tickets (at a small cost) for the Cathedral ceremony. These are booked at the same time as your robe and formal photographs.
- Should tickets become available the week before the ceremony, we will open these up to those who have indicated they may like more tickets. These will be purchased on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Graduands are asked to head to the Salisbury Playhouse (Malthouse Lane, Salisbury SP2 7RA) within the allocated time slot indicated above.
- There will be strictly no late admissions, so please leave enough time to get to the Playhouse and complete your robe collection and photographs.
- There are to be no guests at the Playhouse - only graduands will be allowed into the building. We ask that guests make their way directly to the Cathedral where they will pick up their wristband for entry. There are many lovely cafes and coffee shops in the city where they can wait.
We ask that all guests head to the Cathedral to be given their wrist band for entry. They will be able to see the procession of graduands enter the Cathedral grounds before entering through the North entrance and taking their seats.
There will be an opportunity for you to take photos with your guests in the Cathedral grounds. Robes must not leave the Cathedral grounds. They are to be returned within the time slot allocated. You will be shown where to return them when you enter the Cathedral before the ceremony.
We would like to recommend having a celebratory meal in our wonderful city. There are a range of fantastic cafes and restaurants to choose from.
We are asking that everyone attending the ceremony takes a lateral flow Covid-19 test and records this with us the morning of the ceremonies. A link will be sent to you to complete this. This is for graduands and guests who will enter the Cathedral.
We ask this to keep everyone as safe as possible. Tests can be ordered here.
In the Cathedral:
- All guests and graduands must use hand sanitiser on entering the Cathedral
- All guests must wear face masks whilst in the Cathedral (unless exempt)
- Graduands are not required to wear face masks, however, you may continue wearing one if you would feel more comfortable
- We ask that everyone respect social distancing
If you or your guests are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, then you must not come to the Playhouse or Cathedral and seek medical guidance.
We are in contact with Public Health England for the planning of this event. Should guidance change, we will be in contact via email and on this webpage.