If you discover a fire
- Break the glass of the nearest fire alarm point (all main buildings) or
Contact Reception immediately by using the instructions in each room. If after 9.00pm, dial 9-999 direct. Give your name and details of the place and size of the fire.
- Provided that there is no personal risk and you are trained, then attack the fire using appropriate fire extinguishers.
If you hear the fire alarm
- Turn off all gas or electrical supplies where it is safe to do so
- Close, but don't lock, all windows and doors
- Do not use a lift under any circumstances
- If you use a wheelchair, wait in the designated areas at the head of stairs, ensuring that your class tutor knows your location. A site officer will assist your evacuation.
- Leave the building immediately via the nearest exit and go to the nominated roll call point
- Do not stop to collect your belongings: take only personal valuables
Each campus has designated Fire Wardens for each block. Please refer to the following documents below:
The correct procedure and assembly points are listed on the following documents:
Trowbridge - Kennet 2nd Floor