If you discover a fire
- Break the glass of the nearest fire alarm point (all main buildings) or
Contact Reception immediately by using the instructions in each room. If after 9.00pm, dial 9-999 direct. Give your name and details of the place and size of the fire.
- Provided that there is no personal risk and you are trained, then attack the fire using appropriate fire extinguishers.
If you hear the fire alarm
- Turn off all gas or electrical supplies where it is safe to do so
- Close, but don't lock, all windows and doors
- Do not use a lift under any circumstances
- If you use a wheelchair, wait in the designated areas at the head of stairs, ensuring that your class tutor knows your location. A site officer will assist your evacuation.
- Leave the building immediately via the nearest exit and go to the nominated roll call point
- Do not stop to collect your belongings: take only personal valuables
Each campus has designated Fire Wardens for each block. Further information is in the guidance document.
The correct procedure and assembly points are listed on the following documents:
Trowbridge - Kennet 2nd Floor