What are Traineeships?
Traineeships offer an opportunity for 16 – 18 years olds to gain a work placement and the skills to succeed within a high-quality programme.
The placements vary from 100 hours (minimum) to 240 hours over a maximum of 6 months, at the end of which you may offer trainees a full-time position.
In addition to their industry placement, trainees will also work towards a bespoke qualification developing key aspects in employment with English and maths support if needed, furthering their entry qualifications.
The Benefits to your Business
- The government has recognised a high quality number of enthusiastic and motivated people unable to access work because of qualification barriers.
- Research has proven that trainees who progress onto employment remain loyal and hard-working, creating employees who mirror the values of the company and continue to be role models in bringing young people in the community into work.
- A connection with Wiltshire College & University Centre will be established for future trainees, potential apprenticeship opportunities and invitations to corporate events.
- You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your business is playing an active role within the community and investing in young people.
The student’s employment is designated as education, and is therefore unpaid. Trainees’ travel costs will be covered, as well as them receiving a payment incentive from the College
At the end of a traineeship, a company is required to offer one of the following:
- An interview for a paid position (if one is available)
- An exit interview to prepare the trainee for further interviews, along with a reference to support their future career prospects.
Find out more
Interested? Contact us to find out more:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 756287