In July 2018, the College was inspected by Ofsted and rated as a GOOD college. See the Ofsted full report.
Amanda Burnside, Principal and CEO said: “The highly positive inspection outcomes confirm the great progress we continue to make on our journey to becoming outstanding and are exactly in line with our five-year strategy. I’m very proud of what staff have achieved in the last three years with a relentless focus on the student experience.”
• “Students across all the campuses work together respectfully, are polite and behave courteously.”
• “Safeguarding procedures and practices are comprehensive and thorough. Students feel safe at college.”
• “Teachers’ careful monitoring of the progress of students motivates students, who work enthusiastically towards achieving their goals.”
• “Pass rates of students taking English and mathematics GCSE and functional skills qualifications have increased and are above national achievement rates.”
• “The achievement of adult students and apprentices has remained high.”
• “Students receive highly appropriate and helpful advice and guidance before they start their courses and during their courses.”
• “The guidance for students in their tutorial programme complements the very good resources and extensive careers service for all students.”
Ofsted has created an online questionnaire to help them understand how well the further education and skills provider (the College) supports its learners to ensure the best possible outcomes. Inspectors will use the results during inspection to identify issues to look at in more detail. We have a Learner View video which you may find useful to help you complete the questionnaire. To complete the questionnaire click here.
You can find out more about the College’s current performance ratings on the National 16 – 18 Performance Table.