Business and Employers' Guide to Work Experience
Work experience and work placements are an integral part of all full time study programmes at the College. Many local, national and international employers already offer our students experience in real industry environments, which helps them to develop the skills they need for their future careers.
Benefits to you:
- Supporting young people to develop skills that you may need in the future
- Supporting the local community by improving the prospects of young people
- Flexible working arrangements; students can attend on placement, support an event or complete projects remotely according to your business needs
- Students can bring fresh ideas to your organisation; it is a chance for you to identify potential candidates for employment or an apprenticeship
We understand how busy you are, so we have a straightforward process to arrange work experience and placements. This can often be just a telephone call or email. (Please note high-risk industries will need a visit)
Can you help?
We are always looking to expand our network of employers, and will work as flexibly as possible to accommodate your business needs.
What we ask from you:
- That you provide students with opportunities to learn industry skills with you
- That you treat them the same as you do your paid employees (so yes, they will make tea and clean up if that is what you and your staff do!)
- That you help them complete their work logs and provide a reference if asked
- That you support the College by completing evaluations and being available to take part in telephone monitoring if required
If you are interested in supporting our young people and would like to discuss the options available, you can email email@example.com or contact a member of the Work Experience team:
Alternatively, contact your nearest campus on our main switchboard 01225 350 035 and ask for a member of the work experience team.