Finding an apprenticeship
There are two stages to finding an apprenticeship:
Step 1: Applying for Wiltshire College apprenticeship
Step 2: Applying for a specific apprenticeship vacancy that you have seen advertised
Please visit us at our Open Days so you can find out more about the apprenticeships we offer. Check out the details for our upcoming open events here.
Step 1: Applying for the Wiltshire College apprenticeship
- Click the button below to see all the apprenticeships we offer, find the one you are interested in and then apply online
- When your application has been received, you will be invited in for an interview and assessment, at a Wiltshire College campus
Wiltshire College Apprenticeships
Step 2: Applying for a specific apprenticeship vacancy
You can apply for an apprenticeship in many different ways:
Register on ‘find an apprenticeship’ at https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship. When completing your application, make sure you have done the following:
- answer each question as fully as you can
- where applicable, write in full sentences and give examples – don’t just give a list
- check your spelling and grammar
- ask someone to read through your application before you submit
- The more proactive you are in approaching companies directly, the more likely you will be to secure a place, especially if you are looking for work in a competitive sector
Use the internet to research employers in your local area and ask your family and friends if they know of any employers who may hire you as an apprentice.
Send any prospective employers your CV and a covering letter to tell them about yourself. Make sure you also send them the employer’s fact sheet so they can find out more about apprenticeships.
If you’re already employed, ask your employer about doing an apprenticeship through them. They can find out further information about out apprenticeship programmes here.