Finding an apprenticeship
There are two stages to finding an apprenticeship:
- Applying for the Wiltshire College apprenticeship programme
- Applying for a specific job
Please visit us at our Open Days so you can find out more about the apprenticeships we offer. Check out the details for our upcoming open events here.
Step 1 - Applying for the Wiltshire College apprenticeship programme
- Click the button below to see all the apprenticeship programmes we offer and apply for your chosen programme
- When your application has been received, you will be invited in for a college interview and assessment for the programme at a Wiltshire College campus
Apply to start an Apprenticeship programme
Step 2 - Applying for a specific job
- Register on ‘find an apprenticeship’ at https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship.
- When you do your application:
- answer each question as fully as you can
- where applicable, write in full sentences and give examples – don’t just give a list
- check your spelling and grammar
- ask someone to read through your application before you submit
- The more proactive you are in approaching companies directly, the more likely you will be to secure a place, especially if you are looking for work in a competitive sector.
- Use the internet to research employers in your local area and ask your family and friends if they know of any employers who may hire you as an apprentice.
- Send any prospective employers your CV and a covering letter to tell them about yourself. Make sure you also send them the employer’s fact sheet so they can find out more about apprenticeships.
- If you’re already employed, ask your employer about doing an apprenticeship through them. They can find out further information about out apprenticeship programmes here.