Wiltshire College student at graduation with her parents

University Level



Applying for a University Level course at Wiltshire College

Below you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about applying for a university level course, your Interview and course offer, accommodation, support and student finance. At the bottom of this page under University student policies and procedures you will find links to our student handbook and contract.

How do I apply?

Check out our courses using the course search under Study >. Some of our university level courses are available to study either full time or part time and depending on how you wish to study, will determine what you need to do next!

If you wish to study a full time programme, you will apply for the course via UCAS.

When searching for the course on UCAS, you need to enter the correct Institution Code. If you are studying a course that is validated by one of our partners, you will need to use their institution code.  Please check the course page on our website for details of the correct codes.

If you wish to study part-time, you can apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button on the relevant course page on our website .

You will be asked to complete an online form. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email acknowledgement within 5 days and will then receive further information from the HE Admissions team on the next steps.

Are there any opportunities to visit the College and have a tour?

The College hold regular open events throughout the year.  Please check our events page for full details of upcoming events and feel free to visit us as many times as you wish. You will have the chance to meet tutors, discuss our courses, and have a tour of our facilities.

Your Interview and course offer

Will I need to have an interview for my course?

Some university level courses require a course interview, and some do not.  Look out for emails from our HE Admissions team.  You should also check UCAS track for the latest information about the status of your application.

What if I can't attend my interview?

Please contact the HE Admissions team as soon as possible so that we can book you an alternative date and time.

When will I get an offer?

Once we have all the information required to make a decision about your application, which may include your attendance at a college interview, we will update UCAS Track (for full time courses) and send you an offer by email.  You may also receive emails from our partner Universities.

What happens once I have accepted my place at College on UCAS?

Our HE Admissions team will write to you over the summer with details about your course and your enrolment.

Accommodation and Additional Support

What if I need extra support at college?

You may have had extra support at school or college that you need to continue with, or you may have worries or concerns about coming to college and need some extra support while you adjust to your new environment. Please let us know so that we can make sure you receive the support you need. You may wish to apply for DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) if you require one to one support or have need of any specialist equipment or resources.

Can I live on site?

Both our Lackham and Salisbury campuses have onsite accommodation.  Full details are shown on our Accommodation page and you should apply for accommodation as soon as you have accepted your place with us.


Results, Clearing, Enrolment and the Start of Term

As soon as your results are available via UCAS in August, we will be able to confirm your place at College.

Is it too late to apply once I get my results?

You can apply via UCAS clearing for full time courses or direct to the college for part time courses and we would be happy to consider your application.

When do I enrol on my course?
HE Enrolment 2018 takes place as shown belowIt is really important to attend enrolment;

once you have received your invitation to enrolment, please confirm your attendance to HEadmissions@wiltshire.ac.uk

Wednesday 5 September 2018
Chippenham Campus  Rooms D001/2

Subjects :Computing, Engineering and Criminal Justice

0900 - 1100 – Drop in enrolment/Photos/Parking Eye

1100 - 1130 – Welcome talk from the Head of HE – all students

1130 - 1200 – Welcome talk from Oxford Brookes University for Computing students

1200 - 1400 – Curriculum welcome

Anyone living in Lackham Halls can move in after enrolment

Trowbridge Campus  
Room : Arc Theatre

Subjects: Early Years and Health and Social Care

1300 - 1400 – Drop in enrolment/Photos/Parking Eye

1400 - 1430 – Welcome talk from the Head of HE – all students

1430 - 1500 – Welcome talk from Oxford Brookes University for Early Years students

1500 – 1700 – Curriculum welcome

Thursday 6 September 2018
Salisbury Campus  Room: LRC

Subjects: Games Animation

1000 – 1100 – Drop in enrolment/Photos/Parking Eye

1130 - 1200 – Welcome talk from the Head of HE

1200 – 1400 – Curriculum welcome

Friday 7 September 2018
Lackham Campus Room : Lacock Suite

Subjects: Motorsport Engineering and Animal Science and Management

0900 - 1100   Drop in enrolment/Photos/Parking Eye

1100 - 1200   Move into Halls of Residence

1200 – 1230  Welcome talk from the Head of HE

1230 – 1300  Welcome talk from Oxford Brookes University for Motorsport Engineering

1300 – 1500  Curriculum welcome

Friday 14 September 2018
Salisbury Campus Room : LRC

Subjects: Film Production and Cinematography and  Photography

1200 - 1400        Drop in enrolment/Photos/Parking Eye

                             Move into Halls

1400 – 1430       Welcome talk from the Head of HE

When does my course start?

Most university level courses start during the week beginning 10th September.  Bournemouth University students will start the week beginning 17th September.   You will receive an email in August confirming your course start date and likely days of study each week.

When will I find out my timetable?

A full timetable will be given to you at the start of term.

What if I need to contact you during enrolment?

Our phones will be busy during this period   However, you can contact our admissions team on 01225 756200 or email headmissions@wiltshire.ac.uk.

Student Finance

Will I have to pay for my course?

Tuition fees for your course are shown on the relevant course page. If you are applying for Student Finance, please do so as soon as possible so that you do not encounter delays with your student finance.  Further information about student finance can be found on our Money Matters page under Student Services.

If I want to pay for my studies myself, how do I do this?

Students paying for their course will need to do so at enrolment in September. We can take a credit card, debit card, cash or cheque. The College can usually set up an instalment plan for you. 

Can my employer pay for my course?

Yes. Your employer must complete an Employer’s Undertaking Form which can be downloaded from Study > Prospectuses & application/enrolment forms > or you can collect a form from Student Services. Give the completed form to Student Services when you enrol. Wiltshire College will then invoice your employer for your course fees.

What if I have not been resident in the UK/EU or EEA for 3 years?

If you have not been a resident in the UK/EEA for the last 3 years, you may have to pay the overseas fees, which are higher than the home student fees. It depends on your immigration status and the course you are enrolling on. Contact the HE Admissions team for more information.

Are there any university level bursaries available to help me?

Students studying a Bournemouth University course or an Oxford Brookes University course, should refer to the respective university websites for details of bursaries available.  Details of Wiltshire College bursaries are available on our website Student Services> Money Matters>. 

University student policies and procedures

The college reviews policies, procedures and guidance each year to ensure they remain fit for purpose, are compliant with external agencies and reflect organisation change that may impact the terms referenced within the documents such as changes to function names or staff job titles.  Please refer to the HE Student Handbook and the HE Student Contract.

Undergraduate programme specifications

Programme specifications are intended to provide a standard format for describing Higher Education courses, in line with the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) guidelines. Every taught course has a programme specification (also called Definitive Record), describing the course aims, structure, content, the learning outcomes and the teaching learning and assessment methods.

While programme specifications are produced mainly for internal use, they also contain information useful to current and prospective students and other stakeholders.  The link to the programme specification is on the course information section for each course.

Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)

Following a review in February 2017, the QAA confirmed that the College meets ‘UK expectations’ in all 4 areas – the quality of student learning opportunities and information about learning opportunities, the maintenance of academic standards of awards offered and the enhancement of student learning opportunities.


Access and Participation Statement