The College is committed to keeping you safe in an environment where you can flourish and achieve. We promote British Values through our Respect and Prevent campaigns and aim to make our staff and students aware of, and how to respond to, risks such as:
- Physical, emotional abuse and neglect
- Internet safety
- Bullying & Cyberbullying
- Extremism & Radicalisation (Prevent)
- Sexual Abuse and Child Sexual Exploitation
- Financial abuse
- Domestic violence
Click here to view the Wiltshire College safeguarding policy.
Prevent is a legal duty placed on the College to protect vulnerable individuals from being drawn into extremism and radicalisation. The young people being radicalised are often students in FE/HE environments.
What does Radicalisation and Extremism mean?
- Radicalisation is the process through which an individual changes to become more militant or extremist with an intent to become involved with or support violence
- Extremism is when an individual or group holds extreme political or religious views
If you have any oncerns about yourself, your friends or other students in terms of extremism or radicalisation, please report this through your tutor or directly to the safeguarding team who are available 8.30am-5pm weekdays (term time only) or email email@example.com
The College is committed to making staff and students aware of the reporting procedure.
Out of Hours Support
If you need any support out of normal college working hours, below are some useful contact numbers for you.
www.samaritans.org or call free on 116 123
In an emergency always call 999