- Level 3 qualification in the subject you teach (or equivalent)
- A level 2 qualification in Literacy (GCSE English C or above) or working towards this qualification
- Teaching a minimum of 100 hour (50 hours each year)
- Teach or train, at least part of the time, groups of students
- Teach or train in a variety of contexts which could be different subjects or different levels over the 2 years
- A mentor, who has a Certificate in Education or equivalent, who will support and observe you teaching and who has a specialism in your subject area.
- Evidence of current teaching/training experience for a minimum of 2 years.
- For Professional Graduate Certificate in Education you need to have a 2.2 Honours degree.