Professional Graduate Certificate in Education – Distance Learning and the Professional Certificate in Education – Distance Learning
|£2250 per year *|
* Fees accurate at time of publishing
Duration: Two years, Part Time
The Professional Certificate in Education/ the Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (if you have a degree) is a two year course and has been designed to be innovative in its approach to teaching and learning, through its content and assessment strategy. This qualification will provide trainees with the specialised skills and knowledge and a nationally recognised qualification that will give them a route to employment in a large and diverse sector. Trainees on the programme are supported to apply the learning from the programme to their practice.
The distance learning course will provide you with materials, tutor support and the opportunity to attend unit-related seminars. You must be prepared to work as an independent learner.
The aims of the course are:
- To provide an initial training of a high quality for practising and intending teachers and trainers in the Learning and Skills Sector who have access to teaching
- To provide a thorough preparation for teaching and training
- To develop your practical teaching skills
- to develop a wide range of inclusive teaching and learning approaches that promote equality of opportunity and cater for individual difference.
- To develop skills of reflective practice
To develop your skills as an effective reflective practitioner and Seminars will Seminars will be held at the beginning of each semester to which you are expected to attend.
The Professional Graduate Certificate Programme and the Professional Certificate in Education Specification is available at this link.