HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
|HNC:||£2250 per year *|
|HND:||£2250 per year *|
* Fees accurate at time of publishing
Duration: Two years for HNC, on year for HND, Part Time
This course is designed to provide a high quality work related qualification in the mechanical or mechatronic field, creating opportunities for career development. The successful completion of the Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering will enable you, with a further year of study, to gain a Higher National Diploma.
We provide more units than you require, to encourage easy progression to a HND in just one more year of study from HNC instead of the two years extra, suggested by Edexcel; enabling you to achieve the HND in three years instead of four.
The course is assessed by a mixture of continuous assessment methods using coursework assignments and some written assessments for some higher grades.
You are likely to study the following modules:
- Further Maths for Technicians (Bridging Maths from National)
- Analytical Methods for Engineering (Degree Maths)
- Mechatronic systems principles
- Engineering science
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Mechanical Principles
- Advanced Computer-Aided Design Techniques
- Engineering Design
- Applications of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Please note: Modules and course content subject to change
This course is delivered at our Chippenham campus.
The Mechanical Engineering programme Specification is avaliable at this link.