HND/HNC in Health and Social Care
|£4500 per year *|
* Fees accurate at time of publishing
Duration: HNC One Years, Full Time
HND Top Up; One Year, Full Time (after completion of HNC)
Whether you are starting a new career in Health and Social Care, or looking to enhance your employment and career progression opportunities within the sector, this qualification offers you learning and development designed to prepare you for a professional role.
This programme is designed to prepare you with underpinning knowledge, skills and understanding of employment within the health and social care sector at supervisory or management level.
The programme has been designed to guide you in developing the skills to analyse and synthesise information critically, developing an appreciation of the health and social care service provision. It is a suitable pathway of study for those working in the sector and have already gained their management qualifications, or those aspiring to Health and Social Care management positions.
You will be taught through a combination of classroom based lectures and practical assignments. Throughout the course you will be encouraged to undertake independent study to consolidate your learning and broaden your knowledge and understanding of the subject.
You will require 200 hours work experience in Year 1.
HNC Year 1 modules
The course will cover core elements of Health and Social Care including:
- Communicating in Health and Social Care Organisations
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care
- Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care*
- Principles of Health and Social Care Practice
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Managing Human Resources in Health and Social Care
- The Role of Public Health in Health and Social Care
* this unit requires at least 200 hours of work experience to be completed in year 1
HND Year 2 modules
Will include learnings at L5 including a Research Project based in practice, and additional units such as Physiological Principles.
Please note: Modules and course content subject to change
You will be assessed by a variety of methods including:
- case studies
Students will be expected to undertake work experience in a Health and Social Care related area. This is an integral element of the programme and is therefore necessary for successful completion of the programme.
The HNC/HND Programme Specification is available at this link.
This course is delivered at our Trowbridge campus.
Run in conjunction with: